As a teacher, you can control student access to the House and Shop during school hours.
To open the house for your class only:
- Log in and you'll see your dashboard
- Click the green class controls tab on the left
- Click the house panel when you want to open the house. You can do the same to close it.
To open the house for the whole school:
- Click the top right box (with your school name on it) on the right and click school details
- On the settings page, go down to house settings
- Click change and tick the option to open the house during school time
- It will stay open until these settings are changed
- To close the house during school time follow the same instructions
By default, Sumdog's House and shop are closed between school hours. This is to help students concentrate on answering questions whilst at school.
Outwith these hours, students will be able to access these features and the options to control these features will be grayed out.
If you're having trouble opening the House, visit the 'School settings' page and make sure you check the box that says 'Open house during school time'.
Tip: Open the house as a reward for your class completing a challenge