This page explains how to add students one by one to Sumdog for new and existing teachers with Sumdog classes.
If you do not have a class assigned to your account you will be prompted to create a class, follow the instructions and click on the pop-up box.
New teachers will be asked to set up their class during the account set-up process once you have been accepted into a school account.
- Choose your class name and click on Add class (don't worry you can always change the name later)
- You will now be asked to add the students to your class.
- Key in their First and Last name and select their current grade/year level for the school year
- Click Add student at the bottom
- Repeat till you have all your students added, click Done to complete
If you already have a class but would like to add another student, you can:
1) Click Settings at the top
2) Click on MANAGE in the Manage students box
3) Choose which class you would like the student to be added and click the blue triangle next to it. If you haven't set up your class yet click Add a class at the top (under 'My classes')
4) Click Add student
5) You will be prompted to search for the student to ensure they don't already have a login within the school
6) If there is no match it will say "Can't see a match?". Click 'Create new login' at the bottom of the page.
If the student already has an account their name will appear in the search result click on the name to add the account to your class.
7) To create a new student account, key in their First and Last name and select their current grade/year level for the school year.
8) Click Save
When choosing the grade/year level for the student choose the grade/year that they are currently in according to their class roster. Don't worry if they are working above or below their grade as our Sumdog system will place them in their ability level during the diagnostic test.