This page explains how to add multiple students to Sumdog. If you prefer, you can add just one or two students on the roster.
You can use a spreadsheet to create lots of student accounts at once.
Step 1 - Create your spreadsheet
Create a spreadsheet with these columns:
- First name
- Last name
- Grade (Grade should correspond with academic year. Use the codes as defined here )
If you want to use customized usernames and passwords for your students, add two more columns:
No need to add a heading row - the first row should be the details of the first student
Step 2 - Import your students OR copy and paste
- Now that your spreadsheet is ready, go to your class roster and click upload at the bottom right.
- You can either copy and paste the data or import your students
Copy and Paste
- Copy the data on your spreadsheet
- Click paste students (at the bottom of the upload page)
- Click the white box and paste your data
- Click upload data
- Save your spreadsheet.
- Click import students (at the bottom of the upload page)
- Choose your file and open
You will be prompted to choose what you would like your spreadsheet to do. For example if you are creating all new students choose this option.
We will then ask you to label each column so we know what each detail is (e.g. first name, last name...)
You will see a preview and can save your students.
Please note: Classes can have up to 50 students in them. If you create a spreadsheet that will result in a class having more than 50 students, the spreadsheet will not upload.
After the upload, you may wish to create groups to place your child in, e.g. math sets