At the start of the year you should take a little time to clean up your school's Sumdog account and class lists.
Do this on your roster (To access your roster, click manage students)
- We will automatically move students up a grade/year group on August 1. You can see this change on your roster - the grade/year group to the right of each class will have changed. Please note, we do not change class names or teachers. You can find out how to do this below.
- You can delete or move more than one student at a time. On your roster, you can click select students to move, delete and change student grades in bulk.
- Add new students to your school. Upload multiple students at once with a spreadsheet or add them one at a time. You will be asked to search for the student first to ensure they do not already have a Sumdog account with your school. If the student already uses Sumdog but is new to your school, you can merge them into your school.
- Re-arrange your classes. If your classes have been re-arranged from last year, or you would like to create new ones you can quickly reorganize them using a spreadsheet.
- Remove students who have left your school. They'll still be able to play Sumdog and removing them lets students join their new school. If you remove a student by accident you can drag them back into your school.
- Change which teacher is responsible for each class. You can also edit the class name to match the new year.
Students should keep using the same login details - even when they're moved to a different class. By using the same login details, they retain their educational progress record, as well as the coins and pets they've earned.
Tip: Print out login details to help students remember them.