This page refers to changing a bulk of student usernames and password. If you would rather change the login details for just a few students see: How can I change one student's username and password?
You can use a spreadsheet to change your students' usernames and passwords. To do this create a spreadsheet specifying new login details and then import this information.
Step 1: Create a spreadsheet
Your spreadsheet should have the following different columns:
- First name
- Last name
- New username
- New password
- The first row should be the details of the first child - don't add headings.
Step 2 - Import your students OR copy and paste
Now that your spreadsheet is ready, go to "Manage Students" (under "Settings" on your teacher dashboard) and click "Upload Student Data". You'll find this at the top right corner.
You can either copy and paste your data or import students
Copy and Paste
- Copy the data on your spreadsheet
- Click paste students (at the bottom of the upload page)
- Click the white box and paste your data
- Click upload data
- Save your spreadsheet.
- Click import students (at the bottom of the upload page)
- Choose your file and open
- You will then be prompted to choose what you would like your spreadsheet to do. To change their
- login details choose the option changing login details (third option).
We will then ask you to label each column so we know what each detail is (e.g. first name, last name...) - You might need to use the scroll bar (go right at the bottom of the page) to see all of your columns
Once you do this you will see a preview and can save your students.
If your spreadsheet does not upload the first time, don't worry! Try saving it in a different format. Find out more here
Note: For security, we do advise that students are given a unique password and reminded to not share (or display) their login details to others.