Students need to be covered by a subscription to participate in a Challenge. If you'd like to try out this feature, get in touch.
To set up a competition:
- Log into Sumdog
- Click Set work (at the top of the page next to Overview)
- Select Create in the Competition box
- Choose a subject and click next
- Check the box beside the classes or groups you want to select. If you like, click the arrow to expand the class or group and select individual students. Then click next.
- You'll then have the option to customize the competition skills. Select the students you want to set skills for then click set skills at the bottom of the screen.
- When you're happy with the set skills, click next
- Enter the name of the competition, an encouraging message and the size of your leader board (ie. Top 10). You can also set when the competition begins and ends and if students play individually or in teams.
- When you're ready click create and done
Competitions are different from Sumdog's Contests as they take place within your school.
If you are using the old teacher dashboard click here for instructions.