The Diagnostic Test report shows the result of the student's diagnostic test. This test helps Sumdog tailor questions to each students' individual abilities.
It will show the level at which the student has been estimated to be working at, the number of questions answered, how many of those have been correct, and a list of the categories for every question answered.
The diagnostic test works behind the scenes to assess the level each student should be working, meaning we can personalize our questions for each individual.
The diagnostic test happens automatically the first time a student plays Sumdog during Training mode.
During the test, the games run as normal. Students may get asked tricky questions, as we check what level they've reached. Please ask them not to worry. They should simply guess answers: the learning engine will understand what's happening, and place them in the correct level.
To see how your student performed in the diagnostic test:
- Click on the Report panel on your teacher dashboard (Math, Reading or Spelling).
- Click on the Diagnostic test result
- You can now see the results for the students in your selected class
- To change which class you are viewing, select the class from the drop down list under Showing students in
You will be able to view their diagnostic test score and the date which they had completed the diagnostic test. If you see 'In progress' next to a student it means that they are still going through the diagnostic test.
Click on the student's name to see their result or current progress and the questions which they have answered.
If you think the student has been placed incorrectly, you can re-run the diagnostic test. Please note: the Diagnostic test report only shows the student's most recent results.
- The diagnostic test
- How do I re-run the diagnostic test?
- What is the proficiency report?
- What metrics will Sumdog's class reports show me?