Students can play Sumdog's Writing games at home, however, they will need approval from a parent first. This only needs to be done once per student to activate writing at home.
Instruction for teachers:
Teachers should generate a consent code for parents to enter. This consent code is unique and time limited.
To generate this code:
1) Click on Settings at the top
2) Click on CHANGE in the School details box
3) Scroll down to the bottom and select 'Writing settings'
4) Click the green 'Generate Consent Code' box
5) You'll see a consent code alongside a template email to print or send to parents, who will enter the code on a free parent account.
6) Below the email template, you'll see a list of your students and an indication of whether their parents has given consent or not.
Instructions for parents:
Once you have an account:
1) Click on Settings
2) Click on Advanced setting in the row below (next to Family settings)
2) Click MANAGE in the Writing settings box
3) Enter the code provided by the teacher
Tip: If your code has expired you can generate another one on this page too.