Students can play Sumdog's Writing games at home, however, they will need approval from a parent first. This only needs to be done once per student to activate writing at home.
Instruction for teachers:
Teachers should generate a consent code for parents to enter. This consent code is unique and time limited.
To generate this code:
- Log in to Sumdog with your teacher account
- Click the purple 'School' panel and select 'Writing settings'
- Click 'Generate Consent Code'
- You'll see a consent code alongside a template email to print or send to parents, who will enter the code on a free parent account.
Below the email template, you'll see a list of your students and an indication of whether their parents has given consent or not.
Instructions for parents:
Once you have an account:
- Click the purple 'Family' button on the right
- Choose 'writing settings'
- Enter the code provided by the teacher
Tip: If your code has expired you can generate another one on this page too.
- How can I use Sumdog Writing in school?
- What are Sumdog's writing games?
- How can we use Sumdog reading?
- Does Sumdog have a letter to communicate with parents?