Students can play Sumdog's Writing games at home, however, they will need approval from a parent first. This only needs to be done once per student to activate writing at home.
Teachers should generate a consent code for parents to enter. This consent code is unique and time limited.
To generate this code:
- Log in to Sumdog with your teacher account
- Click the purple 'School' panel and select 'Writing settings'
- Click 'Generate Consent Code'
- You'll see a consent code alongside a template email to print or send to parents.
Parents and guardians should then sign up for a free parent login and and enter this code to allow their children to write with other students outside lessons.
Below the email template, you'll see a list of your students and an indication of whether their parents has given consent or not.
Tip: If your code has expired you can generate another one on this page too.
- How can I use Sumdog Writing in school?
- What are Sumdog's writing games?
- How can we use Sumdog reading?
- Does Sumdog have a letter to communicate with parents?