When you set up a competition, you can choose teams for your students to compete in. This is a great way to encourage a team spirit within your class and school. You can run competitions teams in any configuration you like, for example - boys v girls, house teams, class v class...
To create teams for a competition:
- When setting up a competition, select the option for students to play in teams.
- Click on create a new set of team names, or choose an existing set from the drop-down menu.
- If you're creating a new set or editing an existing one:
- First, enter a team set name. This is the group that your teams sit in. If you are creating teams to divide up your class, you might want to name your team set after yourself (e.g. 'Miss Honey's').
- Below the team set name you can add team names. Click save when you're done.
Tip: If you set up teams comprised of different ability levels, it's best to let Sumdog choose their skills. This keeps the competition fair.