Skill plans define the order that students will practice skills on Sumdog.
Students progress through the skills, moving onto more difficult ones when they're ready.
Teachers can change the order of skills within a level, but can not move a skill from one level to another.
To change your skill plan:
- Click the green 'Skills' pane on the right of the teacher dashboard and select 'Modify skill plan'.
- Select the subject you wish to alter.
- Choose whether you want to change the skill plan for the whole school or for a particular group or year. It's best just to edit the skill plan for the classes you're responsible for.
- If you are editing a particular group, select them from the list. Use the filters on the left to narrow your search if you wish.
- On the 'Reorder skills' pane, check the box beside the level you want to work on.
- You will see the default order of the skills for that level displayed.
- Click and drag the skills to your preferred order using the drag handle on either end of the skill.
- To view a skill in more detail, click on the arrow next to the skill name. In this expanded view, you can see example questions by clicking on the question marks.
- When you're done, click 'Save'.
Example: Your class are going to learn about time at the start of the year and then move onto study charts and tables. Modify the skill plan so that it matches your plan to teach time first. That way, your students will be practicing skills in the same order they are learning in the classroom.