The diagnostic test is available for all students and helps Sumdog target questions to their abilities. It runs automatically during the first few games they play.
During the test, the games run as normal. Students may get asked tricky questions, as we check what level they've reached. Please ask them not to worry. They should simply guess answers: the learning engine will understand what's happening, and place them in the correct level.
During the diagnostic test, we check the accuracy on key skills from each level. In general, we're not concerned about speed. If a student isn't sufficiently accurate two games in a row, we'll stop at the level below.
Once the diagnostic test is complete, we'll reward students with their first pet.
If the diagnostic test places a student too high or too low, for example if an older sibling has helped with questions, you can rerun it.
- How do students take the diagnostic test?
- How does Sumdog know which questions to ask my students?
- What do the diagnostic test results mean?
- What should I do if my student's questions are too hard?
- How do I re-run the diagnostic test?
- How long should the diagnostic test take?
- Where can I view the results of the diagnostic test?
- What are pets?